Iris Versicolour – Northern Blue Flag
- Commonly known as the blue flag, harlequin blue-flag, larger blue flag, and more.
- In Britain and Ireland, it is known as Purple Iris.
- It is a species of Iris native to North America, in the Eastern United States and Eastern Canada.
- Broad Iris foliage with erect flowers.
- Plant in a medium container using aquatic soil and cover with pea gravel.
- Place on the marginal shelf and plant from 5-15cm of water.
- Trim the decaying foliage in the Autumn.
- Flowering from July with rich mauve flowers with a white throat.
- Spreads up to 60cm.